The attack on Aramco oil fields in Saudi Arabia has cut down the world oil production by 5 percent. Saudi Arabia what was producing 10 million barrels a day would not be able to maintain the same level for months to come as half of its production is impacted by the destruction the drone caused. Houthi’s of Yemen has claimed responsibility. But the US intelligence sources are saying that the attacks originated from Southern Iraq. Secretary of State, Pompeo, a right-wing evangelical Christian, has blamed Iran for the attack.
Iran, an oil-rich country, produces about 2.1 million barrels of oil daily. The production has declined recently after the US sanction from about 3.2 barrel a day. Iran is facing the financial crunch consequent to the existing sanction and it would have to be a daredevil kind of act on the part of Iran for orchestrating such an attack. Iran is fully aware that it is not a top oil-producing country. The US produces about 16 percent of the world’s oil production, the Saudis about 10 percent, Russia about 12 percent, China about 6 percent and Canada about 5 percent. It realizes that even if the oil production of Saudi Arabia is reduced, the world would not come to its knees and lift sanctions against Iran. The lifting of sanctions is part of a larger political game that is being played at the world stage, a game that has several components including the religious ones too. For instance, in the right-wing Christian theology, Iran is perceived as a precursor of the beast that would appear at the end of time threatening world peace.
Who will benefit:
1. Arms dealers and manufacturers
2. The State of Israel that wants attention away from the Palestinian issue
3. India, that want the conflict to escalate to increase its influence in the region.
4. Russia and the USA who would love to play the mediator’s role to make their superiority known to the world.
And those who will suffer
1. the People of Iran and Saudi Arabia who in the name of religion have been forced to believe that God is not happy with at least one of them.
2. The people of the world, who would have to pay higher prices for oil
3. The economy of smaller countries who would have to borrow from rich countries or IMF to continue to be dependent on others forever
The masses are totally dependent on the media and government intelligence sources for accurate information and genuine analysis. The world media is toeing the line that is set by the intelligence agencies of the USA, Israel, Russia, and India. The media is repeating what it is being fed by the spin doctors. Obviously, the narration that is being offered is politically motivated.