We’ve been discussing dealing with picky children, and undoubtedly, children love their desserts. This cookie bar recipe is made with healthy ingredients, whipped together to make the perfectly delicious cookie bar. Feel free to add in dark chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and any other toppings you like.
You’ll easily be satisfying your child’s sweet tooth, without the consequences of sugar-highs. Using this recipe will result in a hydrogenated-oil, bleached flour, sugar and corn syrup free cookie!
Give it a try, and you’ll never go back to buying processed store-bought cookies again.
2 1/3 cup organic unbleached flour (or gluten-free flour)
1 ½ sticks organic butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
¾ cup organic brown sugar (or coconut palm sugar)
¾ cup organic evaporated cane juice
2 organic pasture-raised eggs
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (alcohol free)
¼ cup raw cocoa
1 cup raw walnuts, halves and pieces
½-3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I like 70% cocoa or more)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, salt, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until well combined and fluffy. Do not overmix.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture; use lower speed while mixing. Don’t overmix the batter.
- Fold in the walnuts and dark chocolate chips (if using).
- Transfer the cookie dough into a 9-inch spring form pan (buttered).
- Bake for about 20-24 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow it to cool; slice into squares.
You can make these into individual cookies: scoop the dough into 2 inch balls and place onto a baking sheet. Bake for about 13-14 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Noor Hani Salem is an author, speaker, and Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, from Michigan. Noor works with clients in better understanding their bodies and healing with natural foods through her wellness practice, Holistic Noortrition. She presents various workshops, school lectures, group coaching classes, and community lectures on the topic of holistic health. Noor recently published her book, SUNNAH SUPERFOODS, a culmination of life-changing recipes and remedies, with a foreword by Dr. Waleed Basyouni. Her book consists of prophetic hadith, modern research, and delicious recipes, and is in the process of being translated into other languages.