Definitions for â€œbookâ€
A set of written, printed, or blank pages fastened along one side and encased between protective covers.
1. A printed or written literary work.
2. A main division of a larger printed or written work: a book of the Old Testament.
1. A volume in which financial or business transactions are recorded.
2. books Financial or business records considered as a group: checked the expenditures on the books.
1. A libretto.
2. The script of a play.
1. The Bible.
2. The Koran.
1. A set of prescribed standards or rules on which decisions are based: runs the company by the book.
2. Something regarded as a source of knowledge or understanding.
3. The total amount of experience, knowledge, understanding, and skill that can be used in solving a problem or performing a task: We used every trick in the book to finish the project on schedule.
4. Informal. Factual information, especially of a private nature: Whatâ€™s the book on him?
A packet of like or similar items bound together: a book of matches.
A record of bets placed on a race.
Games. The number of card tricks needed before any tricks can have scoring value, as the first six tricks taken by the declaring side in bridge.