The Muslim Observer (TMO) seeks energetic, experienced freelance reporters across the country to report on stories impacting the Muslim community. Reporters will ideally have 2-3 years experience writing on deadline for a weekly publication. We are seeking reporters who can uncover underreported stories and angles, dig for details, and regularly produce quality, well-researched articles. Payment will be provided per article.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or a similar field. Exceptions made for writers with a proven record that goes beyond the minimum work experience
· At least 2-3 years of experience editing and/or writing in a deadline environment
· Excellent written communication skills
· Knowledge of AP style
· Strong online research skills
· Ability to work with a team or as an individual as needed in a rapidly changing environment
· Having a rolodex of contacts in your area of focus is a plus
· Ability to take professional-grade photos is a plus
To inquire about writing for us, please send a resume, at least three samples of your writing, and your freelance rate requirements to: email@example.com.