As the month of Ramadan is upon us- let’s test our knowledge! Below is a Ramadan Quiz for you to try out!
by Dr. Aslam Abdullah
In which year of Hijra, the fasting in the month of Ramadan was made obligatory?
- The first year of Prophethood
- The Ninth year of Prophet hood
- The fifteenth year of the Prophet hood
- The 18 year of the prophet hood
What is the meaning of Ramadan
- Intensely or vehemently burned
- Woolen sheep
Which aya of the Quran decrees the fasting and obligation upon believers?
- Sura 3 verse 44
- Sura 2 verse 183
- Sura 7 verse 59
- Sura 9 verse 7
What months preceded and succeed Ramadan?
- Muharram and Zee Qada
- Rajan and Jamadil Ula
- Shaban and Shawwal
- Safar and Shaban
When did the first Quranic verses were revealed to Prophet Muhammad?
- 15th Muharram
- 28 shawwal
- 27 Ramadan
- 11 Rabi ul Awwal
When did the practice of taraweeh prayers in congregation begin?
- during the time of Omar
- During the time of Prophet Muhammad
- During the time of Caliph Abu Bakr
- During the time of Caliph Ali
What is the Night of Power
- The night when the Prophet was born
- The night when the Prophet arrived in Madinah
- The night when the Quran began to be revealed upon the Prophet
- The night when Prophet ascended to heavens.
When does the Night of Power may occur?
- On the 27th night of Ramadan
- On the first night o Ramadan
- On the fifteenth of Ramadan
- On the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadan
How many times the word Ramadan appears in ahadith in seven most authentic books of ahadith
How many Raka of Taraweeh prayers offered in the two holiest sites of Islam, Haram in Makkah and Haram in Madinah